To Promote Public Safety by providing resources and support for :
- The Police Department’s Reserve Police Officer Program.
- Problem Oriented Policing (POP) Program to include: bicycle patrol, specialized training and
equipment needs, educational materials and expansion of the Neighborhood Watch Program.
- The Police Department’s canine program (K-9).
- The Police Department’s Volunteers In Police Service (VIPS) and the Explorer/Cadet programs.
- The Police Department’s Elder Care Task Force and Vacation Check Programs.
- The Police Department’s Commercial Security Program, Merchant Alert Program and Community Outreach facility and outreach programs.
- Juvenile and school outreach programs and initiatives, to include: after school programs,
mentoring, bicycle safety and Gang Resistance Education.