12th annual Capitola Car Show / June 10th and 11th, 2017
The Capitola Public Safety and Community Services Foundation
A 501 (c) (3) corporation non-profit organization. Our Board is made up entirely of volunteer members who share the passion for community and keeping it safe. The foundation was founded in 2005 by then Police Chief Rick Ehle and businessman Christian Thompson with the goal to enhance public safety through the promotion of community oriented policing and community outreach.
Today, ten years later the Foundation continues to support the vision of the organizations founders as we work with our current Police Chief Rudy Escalante and his staff. Our officers do a phenomenal job of policing our community. The Foundation continues to meet our mission by supporting our officers and other key organizations that provide assistance to our elderly and youth. Over this last decade the Foundation has broadened its vision to include other community groups in Santa Cruz County.
- Assisting Capitola Police Department with the purchase safety equipment, including the purchase of two police canines
- Donations to the new city Bike Pump Park
- Sponsoring the Capitola Junior Lifeguard Program
- Donation to the Fallen Officers Program
- Assisting the Volunteer In Policing Program (VIPS) purchasing equipment, including the purchase of an electrical vehicle
- Supporting the Elder Care Task Force
- Funding after school and athletic programs at New Brighton Middle School
- Supporting the Neighborhood Watch Program
- Supporting the Operation Surf
Our funding comes directly from our generous donors and sponsors. Without them, we would not be successful. Please take the time to visit our sponsors page and to patronize their businesses.
If you have any questions about the Foundation please don’t hesitate to contact us.